Shalom and welcome to
Beth Israel Congregation
We are a diverse Jewish community located in Bath, Maine -- the City of Ships on the Kennebec River in Mid-Coast Maine. An egalitarian and inclusive congregation, we offer a variety of programs and services, including Shabbat, holiday and life cycle services, a religious school, Bar and Bat Mitzvah training, social action activities, and community interfaith programs.
Although Beth Israel Congregation is located in Bath, our synagogue is the only one for thirty-five miles in either direction. Our members come to us from many of the surrounding towns. For over eighty-five years people have come together in Bath to help form this welcoming Jewish community.
We invite you to join us.
Our Web SiteOn this web site we provide information we believe will be of interest to:
- current members seeking information about upcoming services and events
- parents of of our Hebrew School students wanting to know more about the curriculum of our school
- nonmembers in our area who want to learn about what we have to offer
- people who are considering a move to Bath, Maine as a place that will meet their Jewish lifestyle needs
- visitors to our area who would like to join us for services
For additional information, our mailing address, telephone numbers and email addresses are listed on our contact page.
Upcoming Services & Events
Friday, September 30 at 7:00 pm
Special Shabbat Service
led by Cantor Jeff Warschauer and
Rabbi Simeon Maslin
Rabbi Erica Asch
Dr. Jeremy Wolfe
Saturday, October 1 at 10:00 am
led by Rachel Connelly
Sunday, October 2 at 7:00 pm
Erev Rosh Hashanah Service
followed by apples & honey
Monday, October 3
First Day of Rosh Hashanah
Community Potluck Luncheon
Tashlich at the Waterfront
High Holiday Schedule