Shalom and welcome to
Beth Israel Congregation
We are a diverse Jewish community located in Bath, Maine -- the City of Ships on the Kennebec River in Mid-Coast Maine. An unaffiliated, egalitarian and inclusive congregation, we offer a variety of programs and services, including Shabbat, holiday and life cycle services, a religious school, Bar and Bat Mitzvah training, social action activities, and community interfaith programs.
Although Beth Israel Congregation is located in Bath, our synagogue is the only one for thirty-five miles in either direction. Our members come to us from many of the surrounding towns. For over ninety years people have come together in Bath to help form this welcoming Jewish community.
We invite you to join us.
Our Web SiteOn this web site we provide information we believe will be of interest to:
- current members seeking information about upcoming services and events
- parents of of our Hebrew School students wanting to know more about the school's curriculum
- nonmembers in our area who want to learn about what we have to offer
- people who are considering a move to Bath, Maine as a place that will meet their Jewish lifestyle needs
- visitors to our area who would like to join us for services
For additional information, our mailing address, telephone numbers and email addresses are listed on our contact page.
Upcoming Services & Events
Sunday, September 28
Strategic Plan Launch
Minnie Brown Center
Friday, October 3 at 6:00 pm
Erev Yom Kippur
Kol Nidre Service
Saturday, October 4
Yom Kippur Morning Service
Mincha and Neila Services
Shofar blowing followed by potluck break-fast
Friday, October 10 at 7:00 pm
Shabbat Evening Service
Saturday, October 11 at 9:30 am
Shabbat Morning Service
Sunday, October 12
Community Sukkot Celebration
High Holiday Schedule